Why Barron County?
There is something for everyone in Barron County. The scenic countryside with its rolling hills, many lakes, rivers and streams offers abundant recreation opportunities throughout all four seasons. Business opportunities are just around the corner too. Thousands come to visit, many stay for a lifetime. Barron County is a great place to visit, work and live.
Barron County, population 45,870, is located in northwestern Wisconsin. This ideal location is 35 miles north of Eau Claire, 75 miles northeast of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, 100 miles south of Duluth and Superior, and 375 miles northwest of Chicago.
Major highways serving Barron County include US Highways 8, 48, 53, and 63. Highway 53 is a four-lane divided highway that connects to Interstate 94 in Eau Claire.
- Quality public and private schools
- A variety of retailers attract shoppers and visitors from across the United States.
- A place where people really get to know their neighbors
- Home town pride
- Many family oriented outings and attractions
- Variety of parks, hiking trails, fishing, boating, golf, snowmobile trails, cross country skiing, and monthly community activities
- Exceptional dining, shopping, and entertainment right here in our community
- Superior healthcare facilities and providers
To read more about Barron County Wisconsin, click on the following link: West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
Barron County Economic Development Corporation
330 East LaSalle Avenue
Government Center, Room 2311
P.O. Box 71
Barron, WI 54812
Toll Free: 1-800-529-4148