Why Barron County?
There is something for everyone in Barron County. The scenic countryside with its rolling hills, many lakes, rivers and streams offers abundant recreation opportunities throughout all four seasons. Business opportunities are just around the corner too. Thousands come to visit, many stay for a lifetime. Barron County is a great place to visit, work and live.
Barron County, population 45,870, is located in northwestern Wisconsin. Ideally located 50 miles north of Eau Claire, 75 miles northeast of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, 100 miles south of Duluth and Superior, and 375 miles northwest of Chicago. Check out our community videos on our home page.
Major highways serving Barron County include US Highways 8, 48, 53, and 63. Highway 53 is a four-lane divided highway that connects to Interstate 94 in Eau Claire.
- Quality public and private schools
- Regional Hub
- A variety of retailers attract shoppers and visitors from across the United States.
- A place where people really get to know their neighbors
- Home town pride
- Many family oriented outings, festivals and attractions
- Low cost of living and low crime rates
- Variety of parks, hiking trails, fishing, boating, golf, snowmobile trails, cross country skiing, and monthly community activities
- Many silent sports opportunities
- Mountain and fat tire biking hub
- Exceptional dining, shopping, and entertainment
- Excellent healthcare facilities and providers
- Marshfield Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Prevea Health
- Independent employer clinics
For more about Barron County Wisconsin, visit www.visitbarroncounty.com
Barron County Economic Development Corporation
335 East Monroe Ave, Rm 2311
Barron County Government Center
Barron, WI 548122
Toll Free: 1-800-529-4148